ACTUAL comments received in 1996 from the Bridger Wilderness
(Bridger-Teton National Forest) registration sheets and comment
- Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
- Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to
reduce world-wide population growth to limit the number of visitors to
- Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are
more likely to chase animals.
- All the mile markers are missing this year.
- Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse.
- Trail needs to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go
- Too many bugs and leaches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray
the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
- Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during the
- Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful
views without having to hike to them.
- The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please
eradicate these annoying animals.
- A small deer came into my camp and stole my jar of pickles. Is there
a way I can get reimbursed? Please call ___ ___ ____.
- Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike
at night with flashlights.
- Escalators would help on steep uphill sections.
- Need more signs to keep area pristine.
- A McDonalds would be nice at the trailhead.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
- I brought lots of sandwhich makings, but forgot bread. If you have
extra bread, leave it in the yellow tent at V Lake.
- Too many rocks in the mountains.