Minutes of the July 10th, Management Committee Meeting
- The Board had an extensive conversation about the GLS List serve, the many benefits it may afford GLS in the future; especially the dissemination of information in the most timely and cost effective way possible.
- The Potluck schedule for the rest of this Calendar year was planned…It was decided that the potlucks should be regularly offered the 3rd Sat. of each month at GLS member’s homes. (See later in TRACKS for the schedule).
- Moving the Leader’s banquet to April or May and making it into a real Gala event with dancing and perhaps auctions/celebrity guests.
- The plans for the LA Valley Pride festival were finalize
- A joint Outing with PFLAG and GLS is being planned for November 4th, which will be coordinated by our Outings Chair, Will.
- Public Relations was also discussed and the pressing need for an Assistant Editor for TRACKS.
- The Board decided to donate funds to assist our TRACKS Editor, Eric, with a better computer and new software that should make his job much less laborious, and should benefit all of GLS with a new and more attractive TRACKS.
- Classified ads were approved for TRACKS. Please contact Eric if you would like to place an ad.
- The new hotline is up and running and a status report of this wonderful new modern system was given…check it out!!
- The new GLS logo patches were brought over by Will and are on sale immediately.
Agenda for the Sept. 18th Management Committee Meeting
We will continue our discussions on Public Relations and an Assistant Editor position that needs to be filled. Recommendations on spending the Ira Stein Foundation money that GLS was alerted to by The Friends of the Angeles Chapter. Continued development of a GALA Leader’s Banquet in late Spring, 2002 The GLS list serve discussion will continue as we attempt to use this powerful tool for GLS in the future. Finalize plans for Valley Pride Festival.
Do you have an item you would like discussed? Contact Tony to add it to the agenda.
Welcome | History | Membership | Newsletter
Tips & Advice | Image Gallery | Resources | Merchandise | FeedBack | Miscellaneous