Bylaws of the Hundred Peaks Section
Section 4. Officers and Appointees
- Selection of Officers At a time prior to the annual banquet
in January, the elected members of the Management Committee shall select
from their number five officers: the Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary,
Treasurer, and Program Chair. A sixth Committee member shall be
designated At Large. Notification of officers shall be given to the
Chapter Executive Committee and the Club, as required, during January.
- Duties of Officers
- Chair The Chair shall preside at all Section and
Management meetings; enforce the Bylaws; call meetings as empowered
or directed; appoint, with the consent of the Management Committee,
all standing and special committees; exercise general supervision
over Section affairs; and have such other powers as ordinarily
accompany the office.
- Vice Chair The Vice Chair shall, in the absence of the
Chair, perform the duties of the Chair; shall chair the Outings and
Safety Committee; and shall be a member of the Mountain Records
- Secretary The Secretary shall record the minutes of any
meeting at which business is conducted; maintain a record of those
meetings for the most recent years; and maintain any written Section
policies and administrative procedures.
- Treasurer The Treasurer shall have custody of Section
funds; keep accounting records; write checks under the direction of
the Management Committee; submit financial reports as required; and
submit an annual report to the Chapter Treasurer.
- Program Chair The Program Chair shall arrange programs
and refreshments for meetings as required; plan and coordinate
appropriate social activities; and submit writeups for programs and
social events to the Chapter Schedule Editor.
- Appointees The Chair may, with the consent of the Management
Committee, appoint persons to positions that may be necessary or
desirable, among which shall be the ones listed below. Notification of
appointees shall be given to the Chapter Executive Committee and the
Club, as required, as soon as possible.
- Conservation Chair The Conservation Chair shall direct
the conservation activities of the Section.
- Newsletter Editor The Newsletter Editor shall assemble
and publish The Lookout.
- Webmaster The Webmaster shall manage the HPS Website in
compliance with Chapter and Club policies.
- Power to Change Management Committee members may exchange
duties. The Management Committee may fill vacancies and replace
appointees. Notice of any such change shall be given to the Chapter
Executive Committee and the Club, as required, as soon as possible
following such change.