USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 9 miles west of Kernville, 185 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Kern County
- Forest Service: Sequoia National Forest
- USGS Topo: Tobias Peak 7½, Alta Sierra 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Bohna Peak, Black Mountain #5
- Distance: 3 1/2 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1000'
- Time: 2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Al Campbell, 1972
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From Lake Isabella (city) drive north on SR 155 for 7.0 miles to
where it turns left in Wofford Heights.
- Drive 7.7 miles farther to Greenhorn Summit. Turn right (north) on
24S15. This is a dirt road just past a maintenance
shed. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 4.3 miles, Tiger Flat Campground. Keep straight on 24S15.
- At 6.6 miles, a road junction with a sign "Camp
Mountain Meadow GSA". Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- A trail (31E66) starts just north of the parking area (7280'). Follow
it up the slope to the left, and then west past Portuguese Peak's
- Continue 1 1/2 miles to a trail junction (8100').
- Turn left (east) and follow the trail to the summit.