USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 9 miles west of Kernville, 185 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Kern County
- Forest Service: Sequoia National Forest
- USGS Topo: Tobias Peak 7½, Alta Sierra 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Bohna Peak, Black Mountain #5
From Bohna Peak
- Distance: 2 1/4 miles one way on trail
- Gain: 2200'
- Time: 2 hours one way
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Intermediate
- Leader Rating: "I", normal conditions
Original: Alan Coles, November 1991
DRIVING ROUTE 2
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the summit of Bohna Peak, go down the north
ridge to a saddle at 6450'.
- Continue north along the ridge on a
trail over bump 6991' to a trail
junction at 7400' which is marked by a 4x4 post (5 miles).
- Turn right
continue on trail for about a mile and 700' gain
to a trail junction at 8100'.
- Keep right and follow the trail about 1/4 mile to the summit.