USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Santa Barbara County, about 15 miles northwest of Ojai, 90 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Santa Barbara County
- Forest Service: Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts
- USGS Topo:
- Route 1 - Old Man Mountain 7½
- Route 2 - Old Man Mountain 7½, White Ledge Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Old Man Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass and
Special 4WD Permit required)
- Distance: 2 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 200'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, 1967
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take US 101 freeway to Ventura.
- Go north on SR 33 to the town of Ojai.
- From the intersection of SR
150 and SR 33 in Ojai, go north on SR 33 for 32 miles to Pine Mountain
Summit. Turn left on a gated and locked dirt road. This is the Potrero
Seco Road (see Special Conditions for Route 1).
- Go through the gate, note your odometer and go as follows:
- Go 3.4 miles, keeping right at all forks to a cattle guard.
- At 4.9 miles, Don Victor trail on the right. Continue straight.
- At 7.3 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 8.1 miles, a big gendarme. This is the parking spot for
- At 8.6 miles, open gate. Keep straight ahead.
- At 14.1 miles, locked gate at a road fork. Park here.
Only 4WD vehicles are
allowed to drive to the trailhead. See Special Conditions
for Route 1 below.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5800'), take the left (gated) road fork.
the road 0.8 mile to the summit, which is just west of the road.