USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Ventura County, about 4 miles south-southwest of Frazier Park, 75 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Ventura County, Los Angeles and Vicinity
- Forest Service: Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts
- USGS Topo: Frazier Mtn 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Tecuya Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, December 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-5 north past Gorman to the Frazier Park turnoff.
- Go west on Frazier Park Mountain Road for 7 miles to the junction
with the Lockwood Valley Road in Lake of the Woods. Turn left.
- Go 0.9 mile on the Lockwood Valley Road to the entrance to the
Chuchupate Ranger Station on the left. Turn left. Note your odometer and
go as follows:
- At 2.5 miles, pass the Chuchupate Campground. Pavement ends.
- At 3.0 miles, seasonal gate.
- At 5.8 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 7.1 miles, summit with a lookout tower. Park here.
The dirt road past the Chuchupate Ranger Station is seasonal and may
be gated about 3 miles above the Ranger Station.
Because of repeated vandalism, the summit register has been moved
to a pile of rocks very roughly 30 yards northeast of the benchmark.